We encourage the use of Indoor Air Quality Products (IAQ), digital programmable thermostats, and energy saving products. Investing in indoor air quality products will protect you and your family from airborne viruses and bacteria. It will also prolong the life of your air conditioner and continue to save you money on your monthly utility bill.
- By using caulk and weather strips on doors/windows to seal holes around your home will keep the hot air from coming inside. This is going to keep your energy bill lower because your air conditioning unit won’t have to run for a longer period of time.
- Try opening windows on opposite sides of the house. This lets the breeze flow through your home and provides really nice ventilation.
- Don’t put your air conditioners in the sun. A room air conditioner will work better if it isn’t in direct sunlight. Try to install it in shade or on the north side of the house, if you can. Sometimes of course, this is unavoidable.
- Keep your air conditioner unobstructed as much as possible by changing your air conditioner filters regularly.
- During the day, try to keep your widows closed if it is particularly hot. However if it is cold at night, put a fan in your window to bring the cold air into the house.
- When cooking, use an exhaust fan to blow hot air out of your kitchen.
- Use fluorescent or LED light bulbs instead of incandescent light bulbs. Incandescent bulbs burn much hotter and actually lose a significant amount of their energy through heat, whereas fluorescent and LED bulbs burn significantly cooler and don’t waste nearly as much electricity.
Advanced A/C & Heating is an established air conditioning repair company in Destin, Santa Rosa Beach and Fort Walton Beach. We have over 20 years of experience and specialize in customer service for air conditioner repairs, heater repairs, air conditioner installation and more. We pride ourselves on our customer service, air conditioning repair work and how effectively we can get your unit up and running.